Monday, April 12, 2010

Lacquer Love...


I know it is everywhere, but I cannot help it. I LOVE lacquer. With lacquer's slick surface and in a bright hue, it is like a big piece of candy in a room. Love it.

Here are just a few examples of some pieces I am adoring...

The turquoise chest is from an old issue of, I think, Elle Decor (I cannot remember which issue). I have been hanging on to this image for some time and have done nothing with it until now. I love the combination of a lacquer shell paired with stained wood drawer fronts.

The NEW Traditionalists have come out with a great line of furniture and I am crazy about the Savannah Changer/Dresser. They have dazzled the drawer fronts with hot pink and kept the shell and legs in its natural wood state warming it up with a bit of finish.

Lastly, the Lacquer Tray Table from Jonathan Adler which is available in five colors. This is a great table when in pairs. Check out his site for other lacquer pieces from large to small he has it all.

Now I just need to convince A. that we need to have a turquoise lacquer chest in our home....



No comments: