Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Long Live Sister Parish...

At long last I FINALLY received the May issue of Vogue yesterday. It was the spread on Sarah Jessica Parker, a.k.a. Carrie Bradshaw, that I was looking forward to. However, it was the Nostalgia piece by Christopher Petkanas on page 108 that determined today's Kelly + Horne posting, "House Rules."

Mr. Petrkanas' reminisces about his time back in 1992 with the legendary American decorator Sister Parish to prepare for the very first book to be written about her work. Mr. Petrakanas does not mention the title of the book in the article, but I can only assume that it is the highly covetted book, Parish-Hadley: Sixty Years of American Design,that he is referring.



The article immediately made me think of the image above which I tore out of an old issue of House and Garden (miss you!) that I have been hanging on to. The fabric in the background is Chou Chou by Sister Parish Design. I just love, love, love it and the the look and feel of this image. I can see an entire room decorated around this image as inspiration. It is fabulous. It is crisp, clean, with graphic impact and utterly stylish.

You too can get a piece of the Sister Parish look: her granddaughter Susan Bartlett Crater and protégé Libby Cameron founded Sister Parish Design making her fabrics and wallpapers available to the public. Additionally, the two have published a book, Sister Parish Design: On Decorating.

Now I cannot stop thinking about that print...not only do I love the design I love the name...Chou Chou...

Images: Vogue (May 2010), House and Garden

No comments: