Monday, April 26, 2010

Dear Michelle Nussbaumer...


I LOVE your pants.

Ever since I tore out the above image of Michelle Nussbaumer from a past issue of Elle Decor where she is wearing those whimsical pants, I have not been able to stop thinking about that pattern: malachite! I have been on a crazy hunt for that fabric which reminded me of the dynamite Tony Duquette who used the malachite pattern throughout his home as well as his clients' homes in everything from fabric to furniture to objets d'art.


In my hunt for a similar fabric I found this to die for Michael Kors "Malachite Hostess Skirt" which is way out of my price range. The malachite beading around the waist is just gorgeous and I love the length. I would host a fabulous party in that.

Roubini has just launched the Tony Duquette Rug Collection including his "Malachite" design while through Jim Thompson, a textile company, carries the Tony Duquette Collection which includes the "Malachite" design.

Lastly, I came across the malachite credenza above on 1stdibs which some lucky soul has scored. The door fronts are not real malachite, but it looks pretty good against the stark white of the body of credenza. So glamorous.

Images: Elle Decor, 25park.com, Roubini.com, 1stdibs

No comments: