Saturday, June 26, 2010

MIA...and with good reason


I have been MIA the last couple of weeks and with good reason...I was in China. While there I had the opportunity to visit a very cool, historic water village known as Wuzhen. It is not far from Hangzhou and Shanghai. Within the village are four luxury hotels that occupy what used to be homes. They are so well hidden that you do not realize you are entering a hotel until you walk through a modest doorway into a grand lobby. It is really unbelievable. Before I even began traveling to China, this is how I pictured Chinese villages to look. They do not all look like this, believe me. Wuzhen is truly special.

Please forgive the quality of the pictures that I am sharing. They were taken with my iPhone. The above image is of the gate leading out of the hotel I stayed.

This former home is charming.

One of the waterways in Wuzhen where you are taxied by boat around the village.

A pedestrian street lined with shops and restaurants. Love those caned light fixtures.

I love these hanging pendants that were in the hotel I stayed.

I just arrived back in the States last night, and believe or not, I am now departing for a long overdue vacation in New Hampshire. I cannot wait to get there. I may try to post while I am away, but I am not making any promises. I may be too busy doing a little R&R.





No comments: