Saturday, September 18, 2010

Inspiration beading...

It has been quite some time since my last post...what a summer...

Lately all I can think about are accessories: from bags to shoes to - the latest fascination - jewelry and obi belts. Over the last several months yoga has become a very important practice to me and recently I have begun to meditate. Taking inspiration - emphasis on inspiration - from Malas which are a traditional prayer beads used in Buddhism and Hinduism, along with having read an article in the September issue of Martha Stewart Living on how to make your own tassels, and seeing a ad for Peace, Love and Juicy Couture (fragrance by you guessed it, Juicy Couture) where the bottle has been adorned with turquoise beads and bright pink tassels, I got inspired.

The tools: Embroidery thread, turquoise beads, spacer beads, beading thread and beading needles.

The project: Mala-inspired necklace

Finished result: to be continued...


Images at top (clockwise from top left): Sukura Designs, Juicy Couture, Juicy Couture, Martha Stewart
Image at bottom: my iPhone

No comments: