Thursday, October 14, 2010

Check it out!


To some this may not be a big deal, but to me I think it is pretty awesome...When I opened up the October issue of Elle Decor I was psyched to see a picture of a bed (see above) that A., my husband, made! It was one of several that were made for Forty 1 North, a boutique hotel in Newport, RI. How cool is that!?!?

Something I have not mentioned before, but A. is a very talented custom cabinet and furniture maker who works for a small yet really interesting establishment in Philadelphia. He, his boss and coworkers spent a week up there installing the beds and other pieces they made for the hotel. The blurb in the magazine was about the hotel itself, but I am still very, very proud.

So it got me thinking of two things:
1. A.: Up for a road trip sometime soon, perhaps to a lovely coastal town? I know where we could stay (hint, hint).
2. A: Canopy beds are really lovely, especially these modern takes and would look really good in, let's just say, our bedroom (hint, hint).






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go A!!! His work should be in many more publications... as should yours.

Here's to Kelly + Horne trendsetting!

xo
CM