Sunday, March 20, 2011

New Series: Weekend Tablescapes

Tulips + Ornithogalum Orange

I am currently in the process of revamping Kelly + Horne, and part of that I am currently enrolled in "Blogging Your Way" which is co-taught by Holly Becker of Decor 8 and Leslie Shewring of A Creative Mint. My initial intention for this blog was to share what inspires me as a designer - specifically color. However, as much as I love color, and I do LOVE color, I am inspired by a multitude of things that influence my designs. Therefore, I intend to refocus the direction of Kelly + Horne to not just share with you what gets me excited, but I intend to share with you sketch development and designs that may come out of what I am feeling inspired by. One of the things that I listed as part of a homework assignment for BYW was that I love flowers and have secretly (okay, not so secret anymore) wanted to sign up for a flower arranging class. Being that I really do not have a lot of spare time for something like that, I am going to explore that on my own along with little tablescapes. I love flowers and creating vignettes. Eventually you will see through my designs how much flowers do inspire me.

On that note, I introduce to you a new series: Weekend Tablescapes.

5 comments:

claudia said...

Your blog is off to a great start. I like the beautiful photo followed by a concise comment. Good luck!
Claudia

dressed by style said...

Hi there, I'm Megan from BYW. I noticed that you're a textile designer. I am too! I studied and worked in textiles and now am a freelance designer, so I also do other types of design. I've bookmarked you blog and I'll pop in again!
bye, Megan

Leslie said...

Pretty photograph Erin! I like the name of your new series and that you are going to push yourself with these tablescapes! Yay!

Erin @ Kelly and Horne said...

A HUGE thank you to all of you: Leslie, Megan and Claudia. I truly appreciate your support.
Warmly, Erin

shari said...

What a great idea for a weekly post! Lovely photos! I can see you were inspired by Leslie! ;-)

Hope to meet you in NYC soon!

Shari (BYW)