Saturday, May 28, 2011

Hectic Hiatus


I had to take a break from blogging the last few weeks for a few reasons:

1. Out of the blue I was offered a new job and have been trying to wrap things up at my other job. Yesterday was my last day.

2. While that was going on, A. and I have been dealing with very serious complications with our dog, Cleo. She has been with us for 11 years and had to undergo emergency surgery. Other issues resulted which were time consuming and really scary, BUT she seems to be on the mend...thankfully!

3. We have decided to move in one month.
So...I am sure that you can imagine that life has been a little hectic here.

In all of the chaos with Cleo over the last couple of weeks, I started thinking about the painting above which was in the May 2001 issue of House Beautiful in designer Antonia Hutt's home. This is by far, in my opinion, the best dog portrait I have seen. I love the simplicity of and the off-center composition coupled with the graphic punch of orange.

Love it.




No comments: