Friday, March 2, 2012

Seersucker...be still my heart


Inspiration...























Images: Kim Seybert, Dransfield & Ross


I LOVE seersucker. Seersucker suits, seersucker bedding, seersucker anything


As the maid-of-honor for my sister a few years back, she let me select the dresses and since the wedding was in June in hot hot hot DC, I selected a seersucker dress by Thread. I still love that dress. So as an admirer of seersucker I could not resist the seersucker napkins by Kim Seybert or the seersucker cocktail napkins by Dransfield & Ross. However, since I have been itchy for a craft project and I am not quite ready to print the design for the lampshade I mentioned in my last post, I thought I would make my very own seersucker dinner napkins as seen below. 

























Images: my iPhone, Save the Stitches (inset of bottom image)

I opted for classic blue and white seersucker for my napkins, but for a little pop I sewed the hems with coral colored thread. Now I am debating whether or not to finish off the edges with a blanket stitch in coral embroidery thread for an added touch. These napkins are to be used on our screened-in porch which we will not be able to use for a little longer, I do have time if I am feeling up to the task. Regardless, love them...

No comments: