Thursday, May 3, 2012

In Search Of...






















Images: Jane Green


I have real estate on the brain. A. and I have started the very beginning stages of looking for a house. The house we are in currently is a temporary situation helping my family fix it up to sell. It had belonged to my grandparents and over time it has become very dated and needs TLC. 
A. and I were in a position last year when I left my job in NYC to be a little closer to home where we could take on the role of "house fixer uppers." It has been a bit difficult and we are looking forward to the day that we can have a place of our own, but we need to figure out where that will be. 


Since I have house hunting, or house dreaming (call it what you will), in the forefront of my mind I have been all over the internet looking for ideas of what I want in a house. I stumbled upon author Jane Green's beautiful home that she and her husband had built. I am most fond of the kitchen which extends to a sitting area. I could totally see myself in a kitchen just like this. I am not sure how much cooking I would actually do. Ha! Actually I enjoy cooking, but it is the clean up that I try to avoid. 


I cannot foresee that our kitchen or house even will look remotely like this, but I am filing this away for the "one day."

1 comment:

Ioana-Carmen said...

Great blog structure.

I would love to follow your beautiful blog! <3 maybe we can follow each other?



FashionSpot.ro